Success is terrifying. Like happiness, it is often appreciated in retrospect. It’s only later that you place it in perspective. Years from now, I’ll look back and say: "God, wasn’t it wonderful?"
Happy birthday Dame Julie Elizabeth Andrews! (October 1, 1935.)
Hahahaha little Britain though
excuse me miss dionne.
This movie was all kinds of on point.
Murray and Dionne do not get enough credit in the “Best Movie Couples Ever” department, and that’s a wrong we need to right.
"My dear Jane!” exclaimed Elizabeth, "you are too good. Your sweetness and disinterestedness are really angelic; I do not know what to say to you. I feel as if I had never done you justice, or loved you as you deserve.”
you can’t really hurt me you dumb show
i’ve spent years in the history fandom
everyone is dead and most of them are sad like 50% of the time at least
i’ve spent a ridiculous time in the american civil war fandom
you think any level of betrayal or death or sadness can touch me
you don’t know anything about anything
you can’t hurt me
gentle reminder to those saying jemma “has turned into a badass”:
jemma simmons already was a badass
- is an actual genius with two phds and is the youngest shield academy graduate to date
- is a successful woman in a stem field
- performs ocular surgery to save an agent’s life despite having no previous experience with it (1.04)
- jumped out of a plane to keep her team safe (1.06)
- went around the system of rules she prized and relied on when her team was in danger (1.07)
- goes around the rules again to help skye escape (1.11)
- tackles an enemy agent with a grenade so that it doesn’t hurt fitz or skye, without any thought as to if the grenade was lethal or not (1.13)
- keeps skye alive despite not being a medical doctor nor having any real tools (1.13)
- stands up to coulson about gh-325 (1.15)
- defends a bed-ridden skye from a possibly-brainwashed coulson with a fire extinguisher (1.15)
- uses her position at the hub to get more information about gh-325 (1.17)
- stands up to victoria hand, both before and after she knows agent hand is not hydra (1.17)
- stands up to coulson again to let trip stay on the team (1.18)
- drags an unconscious fitz up from the bottom of the ocean, saving his life (1.22)
jemma simmons has always been a badass
Are you in need of any assistance today, sir ?
Hey guys! So as I’ve been posting, I’m doing my first ever non-US con this year and tabling at Thought Bubble in Leeds! As summer winds down and November, and my trip, looms nearer, I am getting more and more anxious about it, so I’m offering some limited edition shirts to help cover some of the expenses of the trip. Here’s the info I wrote for the campaign:
I’ve been tabling at cons for over 15 years now, but only within the states. Over the last few years, I’ve gained a following overseas, and have had lots of requests to do a European con, and this year I finally have a shot, but travel that far just ain’t cheap!It’s been a dream of mine to return to Europe for years now. As a military brat, I lived in Germany as a kid and was lucky enough to visit a number of countries, but was too young to appreciate it. Now I have a chance to go back so I can table at Thought Bubble in Leeds, one of the coolest independent comic cons anywhere. My table is secured, my flight is booked, and now I’m broke. By getting a shirt, you’re helping me with other incidental costs, such as hotel, travel/train fare, food, and actually getting product to sell at the con. In the long run, I’ll ideally create a sketchbook or mini comic based on the trip, which I’ll be posting online in 2015, and the help I get through this campaign will go a long way in making that happen. This particular design will never be available on any other merchandise from me EVER, so once these shirts are done, they’re done for good, so you’ll get something something super unique in return for helping me make this happen.I have shirts on two different sites because I wanted to offer an alternate color option because I am indecisive, ugh. I have to sell 25 of the green option, and 50 of the pink option in order to get the funds from the campaigns, so please help signal boost if you can! (Don’t worry, if I don’t sell enough shirts to meet the minimum, you won’t be charged at all).
Otis thoroughly enjoying this patch of lawn.